4/18/08

The Trans Man Diaries: My First Testosterone Shot

I am more driven to succeed than I have ever been in this life. Ever. And I live for the day that I make it big in whatever career path I choose, financially stable, and surrounded with a family that I have always longed for and deserved"….

excerpt from the Trans Man Diary The journey of Jamie…. transitioning from female to male.

This is a video of me giving me myself my first injection of Testosterone. The shot didn't go exactly as planned and by that I mean it was almost a total disaster. The entire process took over a half hour, but the video was edited down to 6 minutes or so just to capture the important parts.


As for the effects of the transition itself, well, LOTS TO REPORT!! My voice is dropping!! I'm getting hairier, and apparently, a little teensy, weensy, STINKIER!! LOL Like now when I work out I actually smell more like a dude..one of the less appealing effects, but what are ya gonna do?? Gotta take the good with the bad.

I've also been interviewing for jobs and continuing to lead a double life. On some interview I pass for a guy, and on others I'm seen as a butch lesbian. Its very interesting because however they perceive me is what dictates how I act! If they perceive me as a boy, I try very hard to talk low and not so much, and as a result, I seem like a shy, bored, straight guy..which is so awkward because I am such an animated, outgoing, funny individual. If they perceive me as a butch lesbian, I seem more talkative but sort of like I just came out of the closet..oy. So, as the transition carries on I know these two personas will disappear and I can just be myself. It's just kind of making do until then.

3 comments:

Queers United said...

i didnt realize there were so many steps, thanks for sharing this video, i never knew what was involved with taking T or Estrogen

http://www.queersunited.blogspot.com

karen said...

Brave. Too bad no nurse friend(s) to help with the shots.

lu said...

Thanks. Good to know all the steps.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates