As much as it turns me on to be referred to as Sir, its just not the same when its coming from a little old lady washing her hands in the woman's restroom at Target. It happens almost every time I enter a public restroom so I've become accustom to just smiling and saying "Maybe YOU'RE in the wrong restroom lady!!!"
This is what life is like for me and many other gender-queer, butch, stone, trans, whatever you want to call it, kinds of folk. It's not all bad really, considering the hot ladies we get to sleep with.
Sure, being butch in this world has its ups and downs, but really- we've come a long way.
Gone are the days of only 1 gay hangout within a 500 mile radius; there are probably about 20 different gay bars/restaurants and shops within a 5 miles radius of my house in Long Beach. I'll take dirty looks in the men's underwear section over arrest any day of the week. A big thank you to the Leslie Feinberg’s of the world who have made living in this world a little easier for those on the other side of Lady Blvd.
Ten Best Things about being Butch (in my opinion)
10. A love of sports is encouraged
09. The comfort and murf free environment with boxer briefs
08. Never having to wear a dress again
07. Comfy shoes like converse or the ever cliché army boots
06. No fuss hair options like shaving it all off
05. Tools are our friend
04. Say goodbye to make up
03. The Dykes on Bikes at every good pride parade
02. I can’t remember the last time I shaved before a date
01. So many femmes...so little time!