1. Lauren Lappin (USA, Softball)
Stanford grad Lappin, 24, came out after a teammate’s openness inspired her. Lappin is a catcher on the U.S. team.
2. Natasha Kai (USA, Soccer)The heavily tattooed Kai, 24, of Hawaii off-handedly came out in a June interview with NBCOlympics.com when she mentioned breaking up with her girlfriend. She's a forward on the U.S. women's national team.
3. Linda Bresonik (Germany, Soccer)Bresonik has brought the drama to the forefront after being involved in a highly publicized love triangle with a former teammate and coach.
4. Rennae Stubbs ( Australia, Tennis)Beijing is Stubbs’ fourth Olympics. The women's doubles player used to date her former doubles partner, Lisa Raymond, and is very vocal in her desire for more prominent tennis players to come out.
5. Imke Duplitzer (Germany, Fencing)Duplitzer, 33, is the 2004 Silver Medalist in fencing. This is her fourth Olympics. She opted to skip the opening ceremonies in protest of the Chinese government.
Technorati Tags: gay,, olympics,, beijing,, china,, 2008, olympics,, lesbian, athletes