Of course, we couldn't do it without your help. Everyone has been so generous in donating their time, efforts, money and spreading of awareness like cream cheese to a bagel. The generosity is so delicious I can practically taste it! Because of you, there is a very high chance that I will be able to legally marry my girlfriend and that, my friends, is the one gift that keeps on giving. So THANK YOU!!!
Also, if you have Facebook, please check out the 8 Against 8 Facebook page, become a fan and spread the word. We’ve made the news on some blogs with significant readership including Gaywired, AfterEllen, Shakesville, Bilerico, The L Word Online, mainstream rtumble, and many others. Let's keep the ball rolling!
Also, our own Lori Hahn, of Hahn at Home was quoted in the The Sacramento Bee by
Now we know California is a big state and gets a lot of attention for Proposition 8, but there are several other states that deserve equal amounts of recognition and love.
So once again, we say THANK YOU to everyone who has donated in some way. Thank you for standing with us to support freedom, fairness and equality.
(If you are a member of the press, or if you have press contacts, the most recent press release is here.)
As an incentive (and a thank you), we would like to offer advertising space on our blogs to business entities and bloggers who donate to this fundraising effort.
The blogs giving away advertising in this effort are high-traffic blogs, and each blog reaches a different market segment.
Pam’s House Blend - highly influential and prominent political/activist blog
Grace The Spot - humor/pop culture
Sugarbutch Chronicles - love, sex, relationships, queer and gender theory
Lesbiatopia - one stop shop for news, entertainment, fashion, politics
The Lesbian Lifestyle - general lesbian interest, one of the hubs of the online lesbian community
If you donate $100, you get a week-long ad at Pam’s House Blend, Grace the Spot, The Lesbian Lifestyle and Sugarbutch Chronicles. This amounts to 150,000 ad impressions.
If you donate $500, you get a month-long ad at Pam’s House Blend and Lesbiatopia. This amount to 550,000 ad impressions.
PLEASE ENTER YOUR EMAIL WHEN YOU DONATE via the donation page (or else you won’t get a confirmation e-mail) and send one of us your confirmation email to get your ad spaces.
Our e-mails are as follows: pam[at]phblend.com (Pam’s House Blend), gracethespot[at]gmail.com (Grace the Spot), aspiringstud[at]gmail.com (Sugarbutch Chronicles), goldstardyke[at]gmail.com (The Lesbian Lifestyle), reneegannon[at]gmail.com (Lesbiatopia).
OTHER PROMOTIONS / GIVEAWAYS
- Renee from Lesbiatopia will be giving away a The Only Bush I Don’t Like t-shirt, in addition to advertising space, to anyone that donates $500 or more. Please e-mail her directly to collect the t-shirt.
- Kelly at The Lesbian Lifestyle will be offering a free My Heart is not for you to Judge T-shirt to the first 5 people that donate over $150.00 and forward her their confirmation email.
- Pam’s House Blend: If you donate $500 or more, in addition to advertising space, you get a Pam’s House Blend T-shirt and mug. Please forward your e-mail Pam to collect the T-shirt and mug.
- Hahn at Home: Anyone donating $100 or more through Hahn at Home will receive a Hahn at Home coffee mug. Please e-mail lori[at]hahnathome.com to collect the coffee mug.
- This Girl Called Automatic Win: Anyone who sends Riese a photo for the No on 8 Quilt and/or donates to 8 Against 8 and forwards her his or her confirmation e-mail will be entered in a drawing to win fun prizes. Prizes include, and are not limited to, The L Word Season 5 DVD and Auto Insomnia ‘Zine. Riese can be reached at marielyn176[at]gmail.com
Thank you again for your support.
Grace Chu and Grace Rosen - Grace The Spot
Lori Hahn - Hahn At Home
Kelly Leszczynski - The Lesbian Lifestyle
Dorothy Snarker - Dorothy Surrenders
Pam Spaulding - Pam's House Blend
Sinclair - Sugarbutch Chronicles
Riese - This Girl Called Automatic Win
Renee Gannon - Lesbiatopia