10/4/08

Girl in a Coma: Hardly!



Everyone who knows me knows how much I love grrl bands that rock my face. It all started with Joan Jett when I was 13 years old. I’m now 39 and Joan is 50 and we are both still rockin’ like there’s no tomorrow. This week, I had the opportunity to go check out Girl in a Coma (GIAC), who just happen to be on Joan Jett’s Blackheart Records. I already knew they had a great sound and an amazing album, Clumsy Sky. But, I never had a chance to see them live so it was exciting to get the opportunity.

The only thing disappointing about this show was the short length since they were opening for Tegan and Sara. It astounds me that such a huge sound comes from three girls – kind of like Rush but in a progressive, feminine, alternative sort of way. These grrls had the audience rockin’ from start to finish. They’ll be touring with Tegan & Sara so if they happen to be coming your way, grab your girlfriends and go check them out. Here are some dates:

Oct 5 - New York, NY - Terminal 5
Oct 9 - Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
Oct 11 - Minneapolis, MN - State Theater
Oct 13 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theater
Oct 16 thru 19 -Los Angeles, CA - The Henry Fonda
Oct. 21 – San Diego, CA – The Pink Elephant
Oct. 22 – Long Beach, GA – Alex’s Bar
Oct. 23 – San Francisco, GA – Bottom of the Hill

For more info, you can visit their website HERE.

No comments: