10/13/08

I Found My Sexy Librarian: Tina Fey!

by Cynthia Rodriguez

I've never been a big Saturday Night Live fan. Over the years, I'd check out certain skits, themes, characters, but was never a big follower of the show. Until recently, I never considered myself a big Tina Fey fan either. Not that I didn't like her, but I guess I didn't really notice her as much as I should have. It may sound a bit shmuckish but I have to admit I've jumped on her fan bandwagon recently because of her current, impeccable, politician imitation status. I honestly don't know which is more entertaining, the debates, or the imitation of them. Hmm, on second thought, I don't know if I can really tell the difference anymore...


I never realized how beautiful, brilliant, and fabulous she is. Although, I am pretty sure I am not alone in this little revelation. Now I find myself in pursuit of all kinds of information on her and videos featuring her, other than SNL. I loved her in "Mean Girls", as the Math teacher. Shuffling through the plethora of internet info on her from her wonderful activist activities on environmentalism to the famous mysterious scar on her face, I had an epiphany.I thought to myself, "DUH!, She IS that sexy librarian type!" That kind of nerd chic I've been looking for. The sort of woman I pride myself in having matured to have a liking to. She's even (around) my age, and she's FROM Pennsylvania! Definitely not your stereotypical Hollywood bimbo. I don't know of many other celebrity women like that. Actually, at the moment I can't think of ANY other celebrity women like that.

Tina, where you been all my life? Of course, straight and married to a man. If anything, at least now I know that type of woman really does exist, and it's not some little perverse figment of my imagination. Now if I can just find a real-life, regular, every day woman like that, it'd be perfect! Not saying that Fey is not "real-life" or anything like that, but you know what I mean. I mean, someone I'd actually have a decent shot with.

Anyways, the real reason for this rambling is that my "Chief" as I call her, Renee, asked me to write a little somethin' somethin' on Tina Fey's upcoming book she's been offered millions to write. I repeat, millions. Not too shabby for a writing gig, eh? Apparently the LITTLE, BROWN & CO. is interested in Tina writing a series of humorous essays. To me, it sounds kinda like blogging, but in a book form. Part of the deal involves a gift to the foundation BOOKS FOR KIDS, and building some libraries and that kind of thing. Good stuff. You best believe I'll be getting me a copy of Tina's book once it's out, and still hot off the press. I anticipate a very fun read and review writing. I usually never write about celebrities because...I don't really care. Renee told me she is "hot to trot" at the moment, and I am lovin' me some Tina right now, so I thought, what the hell. So, a "shout-out" to you Tina Fey, and everything you do. This Lesbiatopian Bookworm can't wait for your book.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved Tina Fey. She is often my "Crush du Jour." Brains. Talent. And good looking on top of that. My 12 year old daughter now loves her and can do a perfect "I can see Russia from my house" in her honor.

Aviva DV said...

Well, I've loved Tina Fey for years now, and I'll freely admit that her SNL skits of late have helped endear me to her even more (something I didn't think was possible). That and her recent threat to leave the planet should Sarah Palin win the election.

But, while I watched SNL on occasion in the past and enjoyed weekend update, what really made me fall in love with her is 30 Rock which is, I think, one of the best sitcoms on television. And how can you not love her character pseudo dating the lovely Stephanie March in season 1?

ReneeG said...

For the longest time, I actually thought Tina Fey was a lesbian. I was in shock and awe when I found out she is married to a man. She will always be an honorary lesbo in my book!

Unknown said...

tina fey rox

Lisa said...

No way - she's from PA??! I'm so proud!!