8/1/08

Songs About My Wife

And you can tell everybody this is your song.... It may be quite simple but now that its done... I hope you don't mind that I put down in words... How wonderful life is while you're in the world
~ Bernie Taupin

 

One of the things that my wife and I have in common is our love of music.

We have used music to communicate with each other throughout our relationship, and whether the person singing the song is a male or a female, we seem to be able to extend our voice to each other through different song lyrics. Through the years there have been many songs that make me think about my wife, or that we have ‘dedicated’ to each other for one reason or another. Now that we have been together through some thick and thin times, there is a whole collection of songs that we call ‘our song’. *smile* I thought it would be fun to put together a playlist of ‘songs about my wife’ and so I headed over to my favorite site for music playlists which is Project Playlist.

It was a really interesting experience to put together this particular playlist, because there aren’t many songs out there by women that are to or about women.

The songs that I did add to my playlist are by men and women who seem to be singing to or about the opposite sex. I guess this doesn’t bother me too much, because being a lesbian gives me a bit of a male perspective to accompany my female perspective. I do prefer to listen to love songs that are by women who are singing to or about no particular gender, such as Floetry, but I do find that I identify a lot with men singing to women, such as Earth Wind and Fire. In any case, you can find the playlist I made with Songs About My Wife on my blog here.

It really took me down memory lane to put this playlist together, and wifey too!

I hope you enjoy the songs and get a kick out of some of the songs that I consider to be ‘our song’. Maybe you will find a new favorite! I plan to add new songs to the playlist as our relationship continues to grow, and we get old together, so feel free to bookmark it for your lesbian listening needs. *smile* Take care and thanks for reading!

No comments: