4/14/08

The 15th Annual GLBT Expo

I don’t know if you were there but I was! Last week my gay back pack and I ventured to the 15th annual GLBT expo held in NYC. Maybe it wasn’t as exciting as all the pool parties going on at Dinah but it was definitely a place to go to and find out about all sorts of gay run or friendly businesses, publications, entertainers and more.

There were so many booths and so much information to gather I don’t know where to begin. Right now I’m swimming amongst brochures, flyers and magazines trying to decide what I should tell you all about (as well as getting a few paper cuts). So I’ve decided to pick my favorites and hopefully you’ll stop by the sites, events and/or organizations that fit your fancy.



The Glamazons-

I don’t know about the rest of you ladies but I defiantly like a woman with curves and confidence and that’s exactly what these girls have. If you haven’t heard of them check out their website.



www.glamazongirls.com


Out In New Jersey-

I was super excited to find out that there was a gay Jersey publication out there. So if you’re from the area (and even if your not… you might visit) check it out to see if anything interesting is happening by your exit.



www.outinjersey.net

Our Youth-

Our Youth is a not for profit organization designed to help young people of all sexual preferences in the tri-state area by spreading knowledge through workshops, motivational speeches and hosting weekly support groups. I met these guys and found them inspiring and genuinely passionate about their mission. If you need a little support or you would like to give some; show these guys some love and contact them.



ouryouth2006@yahoo.com
(201) 920-0253


Dykes in the City-

DITC is a clothing line marketed and created for lesbians, by lesbians.
The chick working the booth was so sweet… I had to take a picture



www.ditc.net

a.milane-

a.milane *TEES FOR THE HOT MUTHA PLEATHER IN YOU!* be one of a kind & attract the attention you were born to get!!
These LIMITED EDITION tees give you the power to express yourself with out saying a word!



www.amilane.com
Tshirts

Feast Of Fools.Net-

Feast of fools is a fresh and funny daily Chicago born podcast /talk show with quirky news and interviews featuring Fausto Fernos, Marc Felion, Amanda Steinstein, Tracy Tyler and Sal-E. Feast Of Fools was voted the Best GLBT podcast for 2006 &2007.
I had the pleasure of chatting it up with Marc Felion who was super cool and adorable so I say subscribe and laugh.



Marc Felion
feastoffools.net

Dignity New York-

If any of you feel the need to find Jesus or something check out dignity NY. They believe it is possible to be a Catholic and lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender. Wow! Really!



(she’s an ex-nun.. but she’s not gay… I made that mistake)

www.dignityny.org.


The gay back pack and I really enjoyed strolling around the Expo and would like to thank all the people who took time out to talk with us about their businesses, publications and organizations. It was really a pleasure to see all the happy gay faces out and about and hope to see some of you again in the future. I know from all the information I gathered my gay calendar is filled to the brim.

For your enjoyment or boredom here are some random shots of us and all the people we harassed while at the expo!

Keep spreading the good gay word- Beebo



Me after the expo

The gay and I saw this and thought why the hell not!
By the way I saw The Beebo Brinker Chronicles a few weeks ago and I thought it was really good. If you are a NYC Gal I definitely suggest taking a walk over and checking it out. It’s only around for a limited time so get your tickets!
37 Arts theater NYC
http://www.beebobrinker.com/



MY GAY BACK PACK










No comments: